Height: 6-8 / 203 cms
Weight: 200 lbs / 91 kgs
School: Whitney Young High School ‘14
Hometown: Chicago, Illinois
USA Basketball Notes
- Named to the 2011-12 USA Developmental National Team on March 24, 2011.
- Lists DePaul, Illinois, Michigan State, , Ohio State, Purdue, Syracuse and Wisconsin among his college choices.
High School Honors
- NY2LA Swish-N-Dish 15U Most Outstanding Player (2011).
- St. Sabina League MVP (2010).
High School Notes
- Attends Whitney Young High School (Ill.), where he aided his team to a 19-11 record and a No. 16 finish in the state in 2010-11; started two of 16 games played and averaged 5.0 ppg., 2.1 rpg. and 1.7 apg.
- Helped Whitney Young capture the 2011 Chicago Public League Sophomore and 2011 Illinois 4A Regional titles.
- As an eighth grader at Kenwood Academic Center (Ill.), helped his team to a perfect 13-0 slate and the 2010 Chicago Area 15 crown; started all 13 games and averaged 22.0 ppg., 11.0 rpg., 5.0 apg. and 4.0 spg.
- Competes for Ferrari and recently (4/9/11) tallied 38 points, nine rebounds and six assists against the Baltimore Elite AAU in the 2011 Boo Williams Tournament.
- Finished in second place at the 2010 AAU Division I 14U Nationals.
- Plays in the summer for Ferrari, previously competed for Chicago Select (2007-09) and helped his teams capture the 2010 Real Deal in the Rock 14U and the 2011 NY2LA Swish-N-Dish championships.
- Born in his hometown of Chicago, Ill., on Oct. 24, 1995.
- Son of Martha Younger-White and Tyrone White, has two older sisters, Crystal and Sophia, and one younger sister, Fatima.
- Also plays baseball and floor hockey and aided his hockey team to the 2007 CPD region championship.
- Is taking high school honor’s courses in American literature and biology; was on Kenwood’s eighth grad honor roll and tested in the 96th percentile for math and 91st percentile for reading.
- Cousin, Cory Junious, played basketball at Benedictine College and arena football for the Tri-City Diesel.
- Follow White on Twitter at @pwhite2532.
The Inside Scoop
- Post-basketball career ambition: sports journalism or broadcaster.
- Last book read for pleasure: “Letters to a Young Brother: Manifest Your Destiny” by Hill Harper.
- Has held a job as a: basketball coach in a youth league at Whitney Young High School.
- Favorite class: Math.
- Least favorite class: Biology.
- Knows how to speak: Spanish.
- Favorite meal to make at home: Macaroni & cheese.
- If not for basketball, would want to be a standout in: Baseball.
- When he was five, wanted to be: an NBA player.
- If he could live in any city in the world, it would be: Chicago.
- Next big purchase will be: a new iPad.
- Most read online newspaper: Chicago Tribune.
- Favorite magazine: Slam.
- Favorite Twitter account: Kevin Durant (@KDthunderup)
- Favorite Facebook page: Ferrari Youth Basketball.
- Piece of clothing he can’t live without: Cargo pants.
- Most prized possession: first basketball jersey.
- Plays: the piano and drums.
- Favorite basketball player of all time: Michael Jordan.
- Favorite non-basketball Olympian: Sugar Ray Leonard.
- Strangest place ever played hoops: in the alley shooting on a vine shaped as a hoop.
- Best game ever watched: the Big East Conference Tournament 6OT game between Connecticut and Syracuse.
- Best player ever faced: Jahlil Okafor.
- Would like to go one-on-one against: Kevin Durant.
- Most impressive person ever met: Kareem Abdul Jabar because he is a true NBA Legend
- Favorite basketball announcer: Dick Vitale.
- Away from the court, enjoys: spending time with friends.
- Most people don’t know: that the doctor predicted he would only grow to be 6-4.
- Most interesting place ever visited: Universal Studios in Florida because it is a great amusement park.
- First basketball memory: Shooting his first baskets on the Playskool rim when he was one year old.
- If he weren’t playing basketball, he would be doing this after high school: going to college.
- This right-hander wears No. 32, but did not pick the number.
- Superstition: if you are winning, do not switch up anything.
- Three things he would need if stranded on an island: a basketball, a rim and food.
- First overseas trip: has never been out of the U.S.