Height: 6-1 / 185 cms
Weight: 187 lbs / 84.8 kgs
School: The Lovett School '13
Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia
- Named to the 2011 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team on May 30, 2011.
Honors & Recognition:
- All-Region 6 2A (2011).
- Boo Williams All-Star first team (2010).
High School Notes:
- Has played two varsity seasons at The Lovett School in Georgia, where she has started in 61 of 62 games played.
- Lists a career game of 24 points, 16 rebounds, three assists, and two blocks (11/22/10 vs. Loganville H.S.).
- As a sophomore in 2010-11, started in all 30 games played and averaged 15.5 ppg., 9.9 rpg., 1.7 apg., 1.6 spg. and 2.3 bpg. to help her team to a 20-10 record; shot 52.4 percent from the field, 20.1 percent from 3-point and 73.1 percent from the line.
- As a freshman in 2009-10, averaged 11.5 ppg., 8.8 rpg., 1.4 apg. and 1.8 bpg. to help her team to a 22-10 record; shot 49.0 percent from the field, 35.0 percent from 3-point and 73.0 percent from the line.
- Has played AAU for Peak Performance for four years.
- Born on Oct. 2, 1995, in Atlanta, Ga.
- Also plays volleyball.
- Is a member of her school’s Beta Club, Scholars list and the recipient of the Robert J. Glenn scholarship.
- Daughter of Cathy and Bernard Umeri; has one brother, Justin (9), and one sister, Victoria (28).
- Favorite Twitter: Quincy Miller.
- Favorite sports website: ESPN Rise.
- Favorite non-sports website: Twitter.
- Favorite food: Wheaties Fuel Cereal.
- Favorite class: biology.
- Favorite meal to make: chicken pot pie.
- Favorite basketball player: Earvin “Magic” Johnson.
- Favorite basketball team: Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Favorite non-basketball Olympian: Usain Bolt.
- If you could be a standout athlete in another sport, you’d play: volleyball.
- The best player you’ve played against: Diamond DeShields.
- You most want to play one-on-one against: Derrick Rose.
- Most impressive person you’ve met: My parents, because they both were born in Africa and came to America to get their college education while working to pay for school.
- Away from the court, you enjoy: hanging out with my friends, making mixed media art , writing and listening.
- Not many people know: I love dancing, and I used to ice skate.
- Most interesting place you’ve visited: Kenya, because that is where my mom is from.
- Can’t live without: my family! They are my biggest supporters and love me unconditionally.
- Favorite basketball memory: scoring the winning shot for my AAU team in sudden death overtime against a team from California in a tournament in Kentucky.
- If you weren’t playing basketball, you’d: most likely be a dancer, and I would also participate in more community service projects with M.U.S.T. ministries and Agape in Atlanta.
- This right hander wears No. 44 because: when I started
playing with Peak Performance AAU, that was the number they gave me. During my first year with the team, I realized I could have a bright future in basketball if I was willing to put in the work, and I have worn it ever since.