USA Basketball Notes:
- Named to the 2012 USA Women’s U17 World Championship Team on May 20, 2012.
- Participated in the 2011 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team Trials.Team Trials.
Honors & Recognition:
- Texas Association of Basketball Coaches All-State (2011).
- Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) All-State first team and All-State Tournament first team (2011).
- TAPPS All-District first team (2011).
- Jack Frost, Sharpstown Rotary, Dr. Pepper Chisholm Trail and Sandra Meadows Classic all-tournament teams (2010-11).
High School Notes:
- Attends Manvel High School in Texas.
- Lists career highs of 36 points (11/10/10 vs. Travis H.S.), 15 rebounds (2/11/11 vs. Parish Episcopal), six assists (1/11/11 vs. AWTY International H.S.) and seven steals (2/11/11 vs. Fort Bend Baptist).
- As a sophomore in 2011-12, averaged 20.4 ppg., 10.2 rpg., 2.2 apg. and 4.7 bpg. to help her team to a 34-3 record.
- As a freshman in 2010-11 at Westbury Christian School in Houston, Texas, started in all 40 games and averaged 18.9 ppg., 8.1 rpg., 1.6 apg., 2.1 spg. and 2.3 bpg. to help her team to a 39-1 record, a program first TAPPS Class 4A state title and a USA Today Super 25 No. 9 final ranking; shot 65.0% from the field and 60.0% from the line.
- Plays AAU for DFW Elite; played for Houston Heat AAU in 2008 and 2009.
- Born on July 5, 1996 in Houston, Texas.
- Has listed on her school’s honor roll since 2004 and is enrolled in Pre-Advanced Placement classes.
- Daughter of Kellye and Howard Turner.
- Father, Howard Turner, placed basketball at Lamar University; mother, Kellye Turner, played basketball at the University of Houston; and uncle, Shannon Jones, played football at Southern California.
Favorite food: Hot dogs.
Favorite class: Geography.
Favorite basketball players: Diana Taurasi and Blake Griffin.
Favorite team: OKC Thunder.
Favorite Olympian: Michael Phelps.
The best player you’ve played against: Bashaara Graves.
You most want to play one-on-one against: LeBron James.
Away from the court, you enjoy: Hanging out with friends, listening to music and Facebooking.
Not many people know: I was a very good swimmer before I gave it up to concentrate on basketball.
Most interesting place you’ve visited: New Orleans because of the atmosphere and food.
This right hander wears No. 21 because I like the number.