Height: 6-7 / 201 cms
Weight: 220 lbs / 100 kgs
School: Melrose High School '11
Hometown: Memphis, Tennessee
- Named on Jan. 16, 2011, to the 2011 USA Basketball Junior National Select Team that will compete against a World Select Team in the annual Nike Hoop Summit.
- Member of the 2010 USA U17 World Championship Team that posted a perfect 8-0 record and captured the gold medal; started all eight games and averaged 8.5 ppg. and 4.1 rpg.
- Member of the 2009 USA U16 National Team that posted a 5-0 mark, captured the 2009 FIBA Americas U16 Championship gold medal and qualified the U.S. for the 2010 FIBA U17 World Championship; started all five games and averaged 13.8 ppg., 5.8 rpg. and 2.8 apg
- Twice finished or tied for the USA’s leading scorer, including 21 points in the USA’a opening game against Brazil (6/17) and 19 points against Canada (6/20).
- Named to the 2009-10 USA Basketball Men’s Developmental National Team on May 28, 2009.
- Signed a National Letter of Intent to attend and play for the University of Memphis.
- Named 2010 Best of the Preps All-Class AAA by Memphis Commercial Appeal, 2010 Mr. Basketball Finalist, 2010 State All-Tournament Team Division 1 Class AAA, All-District and All-Region Tournament Team.
- Named to the 2010 ESPN Rise Underclass All-America team.
- Named 2009 Best of the Preps All-Class 3A by the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
- Earned 2009 All-District 16 AAA honors and tabbed 2009 all-league.
- Named to the 2009 All-Region 8 AAA Tournament Team.
- Named 2008 Best of the Preps by the Memphis Commercial Appeal; also earned 2008 all-league and 2008 All-District 16 AAA honors.
- Collected a Memphis Commercial Appeal Player of the Week nod in 2007-08.
- Member of the National Honor Society.
High School Notes
- Attends Melrose High School (Tenn.), where he helped lead the Golden Wildcats to a 37-4 record, and the 2009-2010 State Championship and to Arby'sClassic and Martin Luther King championships.
- Averaged as a junior in 2009-10 18.0 ppg., 11.2 rpg., 2.8 apg., 3.8 bpg., 3.2 spg., while shooting 64 percent from the field, 63 percent from
3-point and 80.0 percent from the foul line.
- Helped lead Melrose to a 29-7 record, the Region 8 AAA championship game and advanced to the state sectionals in 2008-09
- Started all 36 games and averaged 16.0 ppg., 12.1 rpg., 2.6 apg. and 4.3 bpg.
- As a freshman in 2007-08, helped Melrose compile a 17-15 record, started all 32 games and averaged 11.7 ppg., 10.7 rpg. and 2.6 bpg.
- Competes in the summer with the Memphis Magic.
The Personal Scoop
- Born Adonis Michael Thomas on March 25, 1993, in St. Louis, Mo.
- Son of Sandra Anderson and Eric Thomas.
- Father played basketball in college.
- Has post-basketball ambitions of becoming a physical therapist.
- Favorite sport other than basketball: football.
- Favorite food: shrimp.
- Favorite magazine: ESPN The Magazine.
- I play: the French horn.
- Favorite basketball player of all-time: LeBron James.
- Favorite team: Cleveland Cavaliers.
- I want to play one-on-one against: Kobe Bryant.
- Always at my bedside is: a cell phone.
- Always in my fridge: Kool-Aid.
- One piece of clothing I can’t live without: shoes.
- Most interesting place ever visited: Phoenix, the desert.
- Away from basketball I enjoy: listening to music, going out with friends.
- Superstitions: have to have a good meal before the game.
- Can’t live without: God.
- Most people don’t know: I like geometry.
- This right-hander wears No. 1 because it fits his body type.