Height: 6-5 / 196 cms
Weight: 180 lbs / 82 kgs
School: SportsQuest Academy, Virginia ‘13
Hometown: Ofallon, Missouri
USA Basketball Notes
- Named to the 2011 USA Basketball Boys 3x3 Youth World Championship Team on Aug. 24, 2011.
- Named to the 2011-12 USA Developmental National Team on March 24, 2011.
- Participated in the 2010 USA Basketball Developmental National Team mini-camp, held Oct. 9-10 in Colorado Springs, Colo.
High School Honors
- All-conference (2011).
- Freshman of the Year (2010).
High School Notes
- Attends in 2011-12 SportsQuest Academy, Virginia.
- Attended Fort Zumwalt South High School (Mo.), where he helped his team finish the 2010-11 season with a 15-11 record; started all 12 games played and averaged 10.1 ppg., 7.1 rpg. and 3.0 apg.
- As a freshman in 2009-10, aided Fort Zumwalt South to a 14-14 mark; started all 24 games played and averaged 9.3 ppg., 5.4 rpg. and 2.0 apg.
- Lists his best game as one where he posted 37 points, 14 rebounds and eight assists.
- Played one summer for the St. Louis Eagles and advanced to the 2010 NY2LA Swish ‘n Dish Classic semifinals; currently plays for the Louisville Magic, where he advanced to the quarterfinals of the 2011 NY2LA Swish ‘n Dish Classic.
- Born in St. Louis, Mo., on May 13, 1995, currently lives in Ofallon, Mo.
- Son of Diane and Ted Swopshire; has one older brother, Jared, who plays basketball at Louisville; and three older sisters, Janna, Jasmine and Jessica.
- Father served in the United States Marine Corps from 1977-80.
The Inside Scoop
- Post-basketball career ambitions: to become a teacher.
- Last book read for pleasure: “Lord of the Flies” by William Golding.
- Favorite class: English II.
- Least favorite class: Spanish II.
- Knows how to speak: Spanish.
- Favorite takeout food: chicken tenders or chicken nuggets.
- Favorite meal to make at home: pizza rolls or chicken nuggets.
- If not for basketball, would want to be a standout in: football.
- When he was five, wanted to be: a bee catcher.
- If he could live in any city in the world, it would be: Oklahoma City.
- Next big purchase will be: a car.
- Favorite magazine: Sports Illustrated.
- Favorite Facebook page: Tyreke Evans.
- Piece of clothing he can’t live without: shoes.
- Most prized possession: iPod.
- Favorite sport other than basketball: football.
- Favorite basketball player of all time: Kobe Bryant.
- Strangest place ever played hoops: East St. Louis, Ill.
- Best player ever faced: Ron Artest.
- Would like to go one-on-one against: Kobe Bryant.
- Most impressive person ever met: his brother Jared, because he is a great role model.
- Favorite basketball announcer: Jerry Reynolds.
- Away from the court, enjoys: playing NBA 2K11.
- Most people don’t know: he wakes up at 4:00 a.m. to go to the gym.
- Most interesting place ever visited: San Diego, it’s very different from the Midwest.
- First basketball memory: watching his brother play AAU.
- If he weren’t playing basketball, he would be doing this after high school: going to college to become a doctor.
- This right-hander wears No. 13 because he always liked the number and Tyreke Evans wears it.
- Three things he would need if stranded on an island: food, his brother and a hoop.
- First overseas trip: has never traveled outside the U.S.