Height: 6’8” (203 cm)
Weight: 245 lbs. (111 kg)
School: University of Tennessee '15
Hometown: Memphis, Tenn.
- Named to the USA 2012 Men’s FIBA Americas U18 Championship Team on June 9 and is the lone collegian on the roster.
- Appeared in 17 of the 18 games for which he was eligible after enrolling at the University of Tennessee at the mid-term of the 2011-12 season.
- Averaged 25.6 minutes per game and scored in double figures seven times, ranking second on the Volunteers in rebounding (7.4 rpg.) and field goal percentage (.534) while ranking third in scoring (9.6 ppg.).
- Scored a career-high 18 points on 9-of-10 shooting at LSU on Feb. 29, also recording seven boards.
- Officially signed with the Vols on Dec. 23, 2011 after graduating early from high school.
- Named to the SEC All-Freshman Team by the league’s coaches following his 2011-12 season at Tennessee.
- Named SEC Player of the Week on March 11, 2012.
- Earned SEC Freshman of the Week honors on Jan. 23, 2012 after recording his first career double-double with 16 points and 12 boards in Tennessee’s win over No. 13 Connecticut and tallying 11 points and eight rebounds in a game at Georgia.
- As a junior in high school, was named Tennessee Sports Writers Association (TSWA) Class AAA All-State first team.
High School Notes
- Attended Southwind High School in Memphis, Tenn. during the fall of 2011 before graduating at the mid-year mark. Played the previous three seasons at Memphis Central High School.
- As a junior in 2010-11, averaged 17.2 ppg. and 9.2 rpg. to lead Central to a 21-9 record and the Region 8-AAA semifinals.
- Played AAU with the Atlanta Celtics during the summers of 2009 and 2010 before joining Memphis YOMCA in 2011.
- Led YOMCA to the championship at the Real Deal on the Rock tournament in Little Rock, Ark., and was named MVP of the event.
- Steered YOMCA to the title games of both the Nike Peach Jam in North Augusta, S.C. and the AAU national championship in Orlando, Fla.
- Born Jarnell D’Marcus Stokes on Jan. 7, 1994, in Memphis, Tenn.
- Son of Shunta and Willie Stokes.
- Plans to major in Finance at Tennessee.
- Enjoys playing chess.
- Wears a size 20 shoe.