Weight: 185 lbs.
School: Connecticut '15
Hometown: Anaheim Hills, Calif.
USA Basketball Notes:
- Gold Medals: 2011 FIBA U19 World Championship, 2010 FIBA U17 World Championship, 2009 FIBA Americas U16 Championship.
- Named to the 2013 USA Women’s World University Games Team on May 19, 2013.
- Helped the USA to a gold medal and 8-1 record in the 2011 FIBA U19 World Championship; started in two of nine games and averaged 7.9 ppg. and 4.9 rpg.
- Member of the 2010 USA U17 World Championship Team that posted an 8-0 record in the inaugural FIBA U17 World Championship in France; started all eight games and averaged 11.6 ppg. and 4 rpg.
- Helped the U.S. earn a 2-1 record to capture a pre-U17 World Championship tournament title in Spain.
- As a member of the 2009 USA U16 National Team, averaged a team-high 14 ppg., along with 4.6 rpg., 3.2 apg. and 1.2 spg. to help the USA capture a 5-0 record and gold medal at the 2009 FIBA Americas U16 Championship; led or tied for a team-high with 21 points vs. Dominican Republic, 24 points vs. Brazil and nine rebounds vs. Argentina.
- 2013 WBCA/State Farm and USBWA All-American and Associated Press All-America second team.
- 2013 All-NCAA Tournament and All-Bridgeport Regional Teams.
- 2013 All-Big East Conference first team.
- 2012 Big East Freshman of the Year, Sixth Man of the Year and the second Husky freshman honored as the Big East Tournament Most Outstanding Player.
- As a sophomore in 2012-13, started in 38 of 39 games and led the team in scoring (17.6 ppg.) to help UConn to a National Championship, was second on the team with 6.3 rpg.; sank 118 3-pointers for a single-season school record; shot a DI best 49.2% from 3-point (118-240), a team-best 89.5% from the line and 52.8% from the field; scored in double figures 31 times and had three double-doubles.
- Reached 1,000 points in fewer games than any Husky except Maya Moore.
- Will enter 2013-14 with the fifth-highest scoring average in school history (16.3 ppg.) and is third on the all-time 3-point percentage list at 43.8%.
- Scored second-most points of any UConn freshman (2011-12) and did the same among sophomores, netting 670 points in 2012-13.
- In the 2012-13 postseason, averaged 16.7 ppg. and 6.1 rpg. and made 12-of-13 from the line.
- As a freshman in 2011-12, started in one of 38 games and averaged 15 ppg. and 5.4 rpg. to help UConn to the Final Four; notched 32 double-digit performances and registered 14 consecutive double-digit games to end the season.
- Tallied 13 points and seven boards in the Final Four.
High School Notes:
- As a senior in 2010-11, averaged 22 ppg., 6 rpg. and 2.5 apg. in leading Mater Dei High School (Santa Ana, Calif.) to a third-straight CIF-SS Division 1AA title and a second straight state title; scored 33 points in the 2011 CIF Division II championship.
- As a junior in 2009-10, averaged 23.9 ppg., 8 rpg. and 4 apg. to help her team to a 32-1 record and a 2A Southern Section and state championship.
- As a sophomore in 2008-09, started in all 33 games and averaged 22.8 ppg., 6.2 rpg. and 2.3 apg. to help Mater Dei to a 32-1 record and the Nor Cal Divison II state semifinals.
- As a freshman in 2007-08, started in all 29 games played and averaged 15.6 ppg., 7.0 rpg. and 2.5 apg.
- Unanimous 2011 National Player of the Year, by Naismith, WBCA, Gatorade, Parade and USA Today.
- 2011 McDonald’s All-American and Gatorade State Player of the Year (2009, 2010, 2011).
- Orange County Register Player of the Year (2011).
- USA Today All-USA first team in 2010 and 2011 and third team in 2009; Parade Magazine All-America first team in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Graduated as school’s all-time leader in points (2,744), boards (876) and 3-pointers made (337).
- Played in the summers with Tennessee Flight.
- Born Kaleena Jordan Lewis on Nov. 3, 1993, in Pomona, Calif. to Sundy and Khairi Ali; has a sister, Taylor, and two brothers, Jaden and Xander.
- Mother played college softball.
- Favorite food: Pizza.
- Favorite class: English.
- Favorite item of clothing: Shoes.
- Most played song or artist: Ne-yo.
- Can’t live without: my iPod.
- This Right hander wears No. 23 because: someone had 32 when I was younger, so I flipped the numbers.
- Best player you have faced: I don’t know, there have been a lot.
- Away from the court you enjoy: Going to the movies and reading books.
- Most people don’t know: I love to listen to 90’s R&B.