Height: 6-9 / 206 cms
Weight: 220 lbs / 100 kgs
School: Norfolk Christian High School -11
Hometown: Norfolk, Virginia
USA Basketball Notes
- Named on Jan. 16, 2011, to the 2011 USA Basketball Junior National Select Team that will compete against a World Select Team in the annual Nike Hoop Summit.
- Named 2009 USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year.
- Member of the 2010 USA U17 World Championship Team that posted a perfect 8-0 record and captured the gold medal; started all eight games and averaged a team third-best 14.5 ppg. and team-highs of 7.9 rpg.and 1.9 bpg.
- Member of the 2009 USA U16 National Team that posted a 5-0 mark, captured the 2009 FIBA Americas U16 Championship gold medal and qualified the U.S. for the 2010 FIBA U17 World Championship; averaged 16.8 ppg., a team second-best 8.6 rpg. and team-high 2.0 bpg.
- Grabbed a team-high 12 rebounds in the gold medal game versus Argentina (6/21) and scored 19 points against Canada (6/20) to tie with Adonis Thomas for the USAís leading scorer.
- Named to the 2009-10 USA Basketball Menís Developmental National Team on May 28, 2009.
- Signed a National Letter of Intent to attend and play for the University of North Carolina.
- Named the 2010 Gatorade Player of the Year for Virginia and to the 2010 Parade Magazine All-America fourth team and the 2010 ESPN Rise All-America second team.
- Named a 2009 and 2010 Virginian-Pilot All-Tidewater first team selection, encompassing all public and private school players in the South Hampton Roads area.
- Named 2009 All-Tidewater Conference of Independent Schools (TCIS) Tournament MVP and All-TCIS first team as voted on by TCIS coaches.
- A 2009 Virginia Independent School Athletic Association (VISAA) Division 2 All-State selection.
- Named to the 2009 VISAA Division 2 State Tournament Team.
High School Notes
- Attends Norfolk Christian School (Va.), where he averaged 22.5 ppg., 9.9 rpg. and 1.8 bpg. as a junior in 2009-10, leading his team to the Virginia Independent Schools Division II title.
- Helped lead his team in 2008-09 to a 23-7 record and a final No. 4 finish in the Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association Division 2; started all 30 games and averaged 25.0 ppg. and 11.0 rpg.
- Posted single-game bests of 52 points versus Peninsula Catholic, and 19 rebounds and nine blocks versus Greenbrier Christian.
- Plays in the summers for Boo Williams AAU.
The Personal Scoop
- Born Jan. 4, 1993, in his hometown of Norfolk, Va.
- Son of Janet and Ronnie McAdoo, has one sister, Kelsey, who plays basketball at UNC Charlotte.
- A member of his schoolís honor roll five straight years and currently carries a 3.6 GPA.
- Father is a member of the ODU Basketball Hall of Fame and played professionally in France, mother also played for ODU and professionally in France, Spain and Japan.
- Has post-basketball ambitions of coaching, broadcasting and working with young people to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Favorite sport other than basketball: football.
- Favorite personal memento: a gold necklace from his father.
- Favorite basketball player of all-time: Dirk Nowitzki.
- Favorite team: Dallas Mavericks or Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Favorite non-basketball Olympian: Michael Phelps or Mo Greene.
- Strangest place ever played hoops: on an outside court in Jamaica during a mission trip in March 2008.
- Best player Iíve ever faced: John Wall.
- I want to play one-on-one against: LeBron James or Nowitzki.
- The most impressive person I ever met: Greg Tate, a U.S. Secret Service Special Agent assigned to presidential duty.
- One piece of clothing I canít live without: lucky shorts that once were his dadís.
- Most interesting place ever visited: LaJolla, Calif., caves by the shore where he went cave jumping.
- Away from basketball I enjoy: sleeping and surfing the Internet.
- Superstitions: socks have to be ďjust rightĒ when on the court.
- Canít live without: cell phone.
- Most people donít know: he has a pure white yellow lab named Kobe.
- This right-hander wears No. 14 because of Nowitzki.