Height: 6-7 / 204 cms
Weight: 185 lbs / 83.9 kgs
High School: St. Patrick High School ‘11
Hometown: Somerdale, New Jersey
- Named on Jan. 16, 2011, to the 2011 USA Basketball Junior National Select Team that will compete against a World Select Team in the annual Nike Hoop Summit.
- Member of the 2010 USA U17 World Championship Team that posted a perfect 8-0 record and captured the gold medal; avereaged USA second-bests of 15.0 ppg. and 7.3 rpg.
- Named to the 2009-10 USA Basketball Men’s Developmental National Team on Sept. 28, 2009.
- Has signed a National Letter of Intent to play for and attend Kentucky.
- Named to the 2010 USA Today All-USA second team, Parade Magazine All-America second team, ESPN Rise All-American first-team and ESPN Rise Underclass All-America team.
- Named to the Newark Star-Ledger’s all-state first team in 2010 and 2009.
- Named as a Gatorade State Player of the Year in 2009.
- Named the Most Promising Player at the NBPA Top 100 Camp in June 2009.
- Earned MVP honors in December 2008 when he scored 31 points and had 14 rebounds to guide St. Patrick to a 72-51 victory over Wheeler of Georgia for the Beach Ball Classic championship.
High School Notes
- Attends St. Patrick High School (N.J.).
- In 2009-10 averaged 17.9 ppg., 11.5 rpg., 3.0 apg., 2.0 spg. and 3.0 bpg. as a junior, leading St. Patrick to a 24-3 record and a No. 6 final ranking by USA Today.
- Helped St. Patrick in 2008-09 to a 30-3 record, a state championship and a No. 4 ranking by USA Today; averaged 14.9 ppg. and team highs of 8.3 rpg. and 3.0 bpg.
- Had 16 points and 15 rebounds March 23 when St. Patrick beat Science Park of Newark, 73-57, for the Tournament of Champions state title.
- Scored 28 points in a 73-64 loss to Oak Hill Academy of Virginia Feb. 14 at the Prime Time Shootout in Trenton.
- Tallied nine points as his Team Final lost 68-64 to Albany City Rocks on a AAU Super Showcase on ESPNU (7/26/09).
- Plays AAU for Team Final (PA).
The Personal Scoop
- Born Sept. 26, 1993, in Camden, N.J.
- Son of Cindy and Vincent Richarson.
- Favorite sports web site: nba.com.
- Favorite sport other than basketball: baseball.
- Favorite basketball player: Chris Douglas-Roberts.
- Favorite team: Team USA U17.
- Strangest place ever played hoops: the Garden (I was nervous).
- Best players I’ve ever faced: Manny Harris and Chris Douglas-Roberts.
- I want to play one-on-one against: anyone.
- Most impressive person I’ve met is: Kyrie Irving because we come from the same background.
- Away from basketball I enjoy: hanging with my teammates or my mother.
- My first basketball memory is: my first layup.
- Can’t live without: my mother or basketball.
- Three things he’d want if stranded on an island: my mom, a basketball and food.
- Most people don’t know: I’m a hard worker; I’m always the last one at the gym.
- This right-hander wears No. 31 or 1 because that’s the number (31) his dad wore.