Height: 6’7” (201 cm)
Weight: 200 lbs. (91 kg)
School: Sheboygan Lutheran High School '12
Hometown: Sheboygan, Wis.
- Named to the USA 2012 Men’s FIBA Americas U18 Championship Team on June 9.
- Has signed a National Letter of Intent to attend and play for the University of Wisconsin in 2012-13.
- Named Gatorade Wisconsin Player of the Year for 2011-12.
- Selected to the Parade Magazine All-American Team following his senior season.
- Named to the All-American fourth team by both ESPN and MaxPreps for the 2011-12 season.
- Chosen by the Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) as the state’s Mr. Basketball award winner for 2011-12.
- Named the Wisconsin Player of the Year by the Associated Press in 2012.
- Participated in the 2012 All-American Championship on April 1 in New Orleans, La. Scored 12 points on 4-of-7 shooting and had five rebounds in the contest.
- Named All-State first team by both the WBCA and AP in 2012.
- In 2011, was named All-State first team by the WBCA and All-State second team by the AP in addition to being named All-Area first team by the Sheboygan Press and All-Central Lakeshore Conference first team.
- As a sophomore in 2009-10, named All-State honorable mention by the coaches and the media, and named All-Central Lakeshore Conference first team.
- Named All-Central Lakeshore Conference second team as a freshman in 2008-09.
High School Notes
- Leaves Sheboygan Lutheran High School as the fourth leading scorer all-time in the state of Wisconsin with 2,629 career points.
- As a senior in 2011-12, averaged 32.5 ppg., 13.2 rpg., 3.3 apg., 2.3 bpg. and 1.6 spg. while shooting 58.7 percent from the field, 35.9 from three-point range and 71.9 percent from the free throw line as he led his team to a 25-4 record and the Division 5 state title.
- Scored 40 points on 16-of-28 shooting and had 13 rebounds and three blocks in the state championship game victory against Racine Lutheran. In the title game, hit a buzzer-beating three-pointer to give his team the 67-66 victory. He scored 18 points in the fourth quarter of the game, including 12 in the final 48.5 seconds as he rallied the Crusaders from an eight-point deficit in the final 1:10 of the game.
- As a junior in 2010-11, averaged 28.8 ppg., 10.5 rpg., 4.0 apg., 2.4 spg. and 1.9 bpg. in 25 games as the Crusaders went 18-7.
- As a sophomore in 2009-10, averaged 26.5 ppg., 9.2 rpg., 3.1 apg., 2.9 spg. and 0.9 bpg. in 24 games as Sheboygan Lutheran went 15-9.
- As a freshman in 2008-09, averaged 14.8 ppg., 3.8 rpg., 2.3 apg. and 1.7 spg. in 20 games as the Crusaders went 5-16.
- Born on May 8, 1994 in Sheboygan, Wis.
- Parents are Carol and Todd Dekker; has one brother, John (24) and one sister, Hannah (21).
- Brother, John Dekker, played basketball at Lawrence University.
- Played for his father, Todd Dekker, who was his head coach at Sheboygan Lutheran.
- Maintained a 3.57 GPA in the classroom and was a member of his school’s High Honor Roll all four years.
- Donates his time as a youth basketball instructor and referee.
- Has volunteered locally on behalf of the Special Olympics, National Honor Society and his church.
- Played baseball for Sheboygan Lutheran in 2009 and was all-conference honorable mention.
- Favorite sport other than basketball: Baseball/Football.
- Favorite basketball player: Kevin Durant.
- Favorite team: Milwaukee Bucks.
- Favorite Olympian: Kevin Durant.
- Piece of clothing you can’t live without: Socks.