Height: 5-10 / 178 cms
Weight: 185 lbs / 84 kgs
School: Parkview Magnet School ‘14
Hometown: North Little Rock, Arkansas
USA Basketball Notes
- Named to the 2011-12 USA Developmental National Team on March 24, 2011.
- Participated in the 2010 USA Basketball Developmental National Team mini-camp, held Oct. 9-10 in Colorado Springs, Colo.
High School Honors
- All-conference (2011).
High School Notes
- Attends Parkview Magnet School (Ark.), where as a frewshman in 2010-11, he helped lead his team to a 26-5 record and the 2011 Arkansas Class 6A state championship; started all 31 games and averaged 12.6 ppg., 2.4 rpg., 6.7 apg. and 3.1 spg., while shooting 60.8 percent from the field, 50.5 percent from 3-point and 80.0 percent from the line.
- Competed in eighth grade for Lakewood Middle School and helped lead his team to a 17-0 record, averaged 25.6 ppg., 6.7 rpg., 10.8 apg. and 5.6 spg.
- Has played for Team Arkansas, Arkansas Wings, Arkansas Hawks and Arkansas Mustangs.
- Anton Lamont Beard was born on May 6, 1996, in Little Rock, Ark.
- Son of Katina Brown and Floyd Beard; has two brothers, Andrew Lee Brooks III and Jalen Beard, and two sisters, Quita Wooten and Madison Beard.
The Inside Scoop
- Post-basketball career ambitions: become a basketball coach.
- Last book read for pleasure: “The Bully” by Paul Langan.
- Favorite class: math.
- Least favorite class: science.
- If not for basketball, would want to be a standout in: football.
- When he was five, wanted to be: a policeman.
- If he could live in any city in the world, it would be: Atlanta.
- Next big purchase will be: a laptop.
- Most read online newspaper: Arkansas Democrat Gazette.
- Piece of clothing he can’t live without: socks.
- Most prized possession: his phone.
- Favorite sports other than basketball: football and baseball.
- Favorite basketball player of all time: Kobe Bryant.
- Strangest place ever played hoops: in a gym in Memphis, Tenn.
- Best game ever watched: was one featuring the Lakers and Celtics.
- Best player ever faced: James Blackmon, Jr.
- Would like to go one-on-one against: Archie Goodwin.
- Most impressive person ever met: Elbert Crawford, a former NFL player because, “he believes in me.”
- Favorite basketball announcer: Charles Barkley.
- Away from the court, enjoys: hanging out with friends.
- Most people don’t know: he wears glasses.
- Most interesting place ever visited: Hampton, Va., when his team won AAU Nationals.
- First basketball memory: winning his first AAU national championship.
- If he weren’t playing basketball, he would be doing this after high school: majoring in business.
- This left-hander wears No. 33 and the reason why is personal.
- Superstitions: doesn’t split poles.
- First overseas trip: has never traveled outside the U.S.