Height: 6-6 / 198 cms
Weight: 165 lbs / 75 kgs
School: Taft High School Ď14
Hometown: Apple Valley, California
USA Basketball Notes
- Named to the 2011 USA Basketball Boys 3x3 Youth World Championship Team on Aug. 24, 2011.
- Named to the 2011-12 USA Developmental National Team on March 24, 2011.
- Participated in the 2010 USA Basketball Developmental National Team mini-camp, held Oct. 9-10 in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Lists Connecticut, Duke, Kansas and UCLA among his college choices.
High School Honors
- All-America second team (2011).
- All-state first team (2011).
- All-conference (2011).
High School Notes
- Attends in 2011-12 Taft High School (Calif.). (/li>
- Attended in 2010-11 Mater Dei High School (Calif.), along with 2011-12 USA Developmental National Team member Stanley Johnson, where as a freshman he aided the Monarchs to the 2011 CIF California Division I championship and a 32-3 record; started 20 of 35 games played and averaged 9.2 ppfg. 4.1 rpg., 3.0 apg. and 2.0 spg., while shooting 47 percent from the field, 41 percent from 3-point and 81 percent from the line.
- Posted 24 points, six rebounds and four assists against Michael Gilchrist and St. Patrick High School and had 17 points against Austin Rivers and Winter Park High School.
- Born in Pomona, Calif., on July 21, 1995.
- Goes by the nickname ĎThe Q.í
- Son of Madinah and Carl Aaron, has one older brother, Shaddean, and one younger sister, Shalexxus.
- Father was an All-American who played professionally in Australia and brother played for Mercer.
The Inside Scoop
- Post-basketball career ambitions: to own his own business.
- Has held a job: feeding the homeless and caring for the elderly.
- Favorite class: math.
- Is learning: Spanish.
- Favorite takeout food: crab legs.
- Favorite meal to make at home: an omelet
- If not for basketball, would want to be a standout in: football.
- When he was five, wanted to be: a pro basketball player.
- If he could live in any city in the world, it would be: Palm Springs, Calif.
- Next big purchase will be: something his parents can enjoy for a
- Most read online newspaper: Los Angeles Times.
- Favorite magazines: Slam, Dime.
- Piece of clothing he canít live without: his gym shoes.
- Most prized possession: his championship ring.
- Favorite sport other than basketball: track & field.
- Plays: the clarinet.
- Favorite basketball player of all time: Michael Jordan.
- Favorite non-basketball Olympian: Jesse Owens.
- Best game ever watched: his brotherís win over USC.
- Best player ever faced: Michael Gilchrist.
- Would like to go one-on-one against: Larry Bird.
- Most impressive person ever met: Mr. T, his math teacher.
- Favorite basketball announcer: the late Chick Hearn.
- Away from the court, enjoys: spending time with his father.
- Most people donít know: he likes to draw and design art.
- Most interesting place ever visited: the Black History Museum.
- First basketball memory: playing on a team with his sister, being coached by his mom.
- This right-hander wears No. 21 because: itís his birthdate.
- Favorite saying: never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
- Three things he would need if stranded on an island: shelter, his family and a way back.
- First overseas trip: has never been out of the country.